Chattanooga TheraTherm Digital Moist Heating Pad, 14" x 27"
There is no water to add, no water to boil, no dripping packs and no towels to prepare. Moisture is drawn from the humidity in the air and Retained in a specially designed 100% cotton cover. When the hot pack is turned on, the Retained moisture is rapidly heated by high-grade ceramics, forcing the moisture out of the flannel cover onto the patient's skin, allowing deeper penetration of heat into the body's tissue. The moisture acts only as a means to transmit heat more deeply into the tissue, so only a small amount is needed. Theratherm, Unlike all competitive products on the market, has a digital hand control allowing the operator to program The following parameters: treatment temperature, treatment time and on/off. Competitive units, including thermophore, require the operator to make continual contact with a single-loaded switch to generate and maintain heat from the pad. This is positioned as a safety feature. Theratherm has a conventional on/off control switch. Automatic time control (1 - 60 min. Timer) with auto SHUT off.
- MOIST HEAT THERAPY: Delivers intense, moist heat therapy which provides temporary relief from pain associated with arthritis, muscle spasm and inflammation caused by strain and tension.
- WHOLE BODY USE: Intended for use on the back, shoulder, wrist, stomach, knee or foot; a Lockout mode protects against inconsistent changing of settings throughout treatment
- FLANNEL COVER DRAWS MOISTURE: Includes a flannel covering which draws moisture from the air and as the heating pad temperature rises, the moisture is released onto the skin.
- DIGITAL CONTROL: Features an easy-to-use digital hand control that allows you to program and monitor the temperature and treatment time.
- PROGRAMMABLE TIME AND TEMPERATURE: Control the temperature between 88 and 166 degrees Fahrenheit (31 and 74 degrees Celsius) and select the duration between 1 and 60 minutes.